Monday, March 10, 2008

New Section

The Pickle has added a new Section: the Genre-Crossing Metaphor Section. The inaugural one, "Fred Thompson is the Vampire Weekend of the Republican field," was a comment I made to Dan at the beginning of January, when I thought Vampire Weekend had already blown over and would in fact be outlasted, ever so briefly, by Fred Thompson. Looks like I blew that one - I think there's even a backlash backlash. Alternatively: looks like Fred Thompson isn't done yet?

We'd also like to add an element of interactivity - we'll change the metaphor every week (I suppose on Mondays), and would love suggestions from readers. If you think this is lazy outsourcing, you are way too cynical. So send something in to luvh.rakhe[at]gmail.com or dberwick[at]gmail.com. We'll actually change the current one sooner than Monday, hopefully, and hopefully to something less dated.

Hamlet Quote Section remains, of course, unchanged.

No comments: