Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hate List

This morning finds me empowered by self-righteous anger as I've finally deleted a Facebook friend whose updates were far too frequent and self-promoting. I'm going to ride this wave of emotion right past the irony of a blog post decrying self-promotion and right to what I'm calling the Hate List, a compendium of slang and slang formulations I hate:

- "Hearting" anything

- The McAnything nickname (hatred predating but exacerbated by Grey's Anatomy)

- Use of the -tastic "suffix" to make an ornate fake adjective, e.g. "craptastic"

- Gratuitous "Yes please," most notably when replying in the "Yes" section of an Evite

It's going up on the right, lest we forget. Suggestions welcome.

UPDATE: Reader PF is not into the negative energy resulting from the prominent position of the word "hate" on the right. Ever responsive, I have changed the name to "Nemesis Club Membership Requirements."

No comments: