Monday, October 13, 2008

Campaign Energy Tidbit

I've been meaning to do this post since I saw surrogates for the two campaigns debate energy policy at MIT a little over a week ago. For the Obama campaign, it was Jason Grumet. For McCain, it was James Woolsey.

The debate was mostly ho-hum, but there were a few things worth passing along:

Driest Funniest Moment - From Woolsey: "You may not like the chant 'drill, baby, drill.' I don't like it myself, but mostly because of the 'baby' part."

Cutting to the Chase-iest Moment - From Grumet: "The biggest problem with Senator McCain's energy policy is his choice of Vice President." (I canvassed in Nashua NH this weekend, and I gotta say, Palin is a real go-to at this point. When I couldn't get them any other way, Palin seemed to do the trick.)

Shocking Admission Moment - From Woolsey: "I have to admit that Senator Obama's plan is far more detailed."

My Favorite Moment - In response to the question, "Where will we be in 8 years if your guys wins twice?," Grumet said that "there is significant momentum in the system." Every year we import more oil than we did the year before. Every year we emit more carbon than we did the year before. "We need to bend those curves. At the end of an Obama administration, we will import less oil than the year before, and we will emit less carbon than the year before."

Clear, elemental, ambitious, necessary, progressive.

No comments: