Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cesar Chavez Day

Thanks to a timely admonishment from reader Petit Cornichon, I'm getting this Cesar Chavez Day post in *just* under the wire as it's 11:52 here in California. And since this is the time zone in which Chavez did most of his work, it's the correct standard.

I'm a romantic, so courage is one of my favorite character traits. And it will surprise exactly none of you that I think labor leaders, particularly organizers, have to have it in buckets. Nowadays, though, talk of courage is a little passe. So in the parlance of our times, I say: Nice balls, Mr. Chavez, and thank you.

[NOTE: I swear on my life that this was ready to post at 11:52 last night, but the wifi purloined from my neighbors would not cooperate. NOTE SOME MORE: It's not really purloined, okay? They let me have the password while I get set up in my new place, and it's just taking me a while.]

No comments: