Thursday, January 31, 2008

We're kind of into Obama right now, but The Pickle will feature other stuff too. Like me telling you what it's like to be a winner.

While in conversation with Luvh, I launched headlong into an open-hearted, full-throated peroration about Tom Brady, my New England Patriots, and the unrelenting demi-divine glory of being a Boston sports fan right now, and about how I can’t imagine a time when it will not be thus.

Luvh called me Ann Coulter.

Dead on. Absolutely nailed it.

Some people just love to be hated. They thrive on the hate of others. Ann Coulter is one of those people, and now, so am I. For some reason, winning seems to make people hate you. So if they really hate you, you must really be winning. And we’re really winning. I mean REALLY WINNING. What’s that? Hatred is the sincerest form of flattery? Couldn’t agree more. Nice point. Were you once always winning also? ‘Cause you have that kind of perspective on this.

You should have seen the dismay on his face when I picked up his banner and ran with it, though, to be fair, he should have seen it coming.

2 comments:

steve said...

I'm trying to figure out what it says about me that, in this time of political redirection, restoration, reckoning, and what have you -- all of which appear to have the potential of being ably presented semi-regularly on ThePickle-Blog -- I choose to comment about the Patriots.

. . . Who are, to be sure, really really awesome.

And I guess it wouldn't really be a blog if we weren't trying to figure out what this or that says about ourselves, right? This time signature alone devalues my opinion.

On topic, is it possible that the New England Patriots and Barack Obama are the two sides of the same American coin? The power and the hope, the mighty and the underdog, the supermodel-daters and the Kenyan-Kansasans?

Have at it.

Nice job, by the way.

Dan said...

I like where you are headed with this, steve, and I don't want to discourage participation on The Pickle by not supporting you, but I have to disagree. I am freely acknowledging that the Patriots have begun to appeal to my dark side - I like riding in their super-pimped hate-mobile. Barack Obama, on the other hand, clearly has trouble riding in the hate-mobile, even when it might be to his advantage to do so from time to time...